Sunday, December 14, 2008

comic genesis











So recently I've been designing these characters for a comic I am making with my brother! My brother is coming up with the story for the purpose of giving me something to draw. Great guy! I must say that I am very excited about this. We decided on a fun setting and time period in which to place the story and now I begin the concept phase!

Here are the beginnings of the five main characters! I plan on posting updates here on the progress of the comic. Everything from location designs and prop designs to villain designs! All coming soon! Actually, first my brother has to tell me what those things will be, and then I'll draw that stuff. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

m3ng said...

Nice sketches, Matt. It's also a good exercise to do a page of quick silhouettes, exploring different directions for each character, too.

NickZ. said...

Matt.....buddy! These drawing make me mad....mad that i can't draw as good as you that is! :) Just kidding bud. I looooove these new drawings! You have to finish a page for me so I can see the direction that things will go! You have a gift bud! You HAVE to use it! I'm guessing that you did all of these on paper?

Unknown said...

Matt, the drawings look like you're going in the right direction. The general's outfit doesn't look like anything near like what I had envisioned. I suggest some sort of change. The girl is quite perfect (a hood would be interesting if you could somehow fit that in). The cyborg guy is interesting. I suggest a Han Solo type vest and outfit. The arm is cool, don't know how it would look if bulkier and I like and dislike how he is incredibly thin (i don't know why). The Android is PERFECT. He looks so cool, what a great design. As for the pilot, very cool. Some sort of helmet would be cool and maybe a backpack (don't know why). Oh and the pockets on her groin...might want to rethink that. I personally thought it was a cool idea...but, others might think things to the extreme...

Hannah Venable said...

That's cool that you are working with your brother on a comic. How fun. You are so talented. Although, I will agree that the pockets on the girl seem to be in a strange place.

Hannah